UNIVERSIDAD CATÓLICA DE TEMUCO - SAN JUAN PABLO II CAMPUS
In over 27.615 square meters of built terrain, this campus houses the Faculties of Natural Resources, Engineering, Education and the careers of Architecture, Graphic Design and Industrial Design of the Universidad Católica de Temuco. There’s a complete sport complex in place for all students to enjoy and the opportunity to trek though the many parks that make this campus as beautiful as it is. The campus’ address is Rudencindo Ortega Ave. 02950, next to Temuco’s north-most exit.
All classrooms in the San Juan Pablo II Campus have built-in projectors that allow for both HDMI and VGA projection. There are plenty fast food locales inside campus, as well as bathrooms, auditoriums, first aid services, a large and beautiful lagoon, study rooms, board rooms and a chapel, among other amenities. Also of notice is the large student cafeteria overlooking the lagoon, with space for over 500 people.
This 200 square meters auditorium, located in the Cincuentenario Building, has a capacity for over 150 people comfortably seated in individual seats, besides additional space on the second-floor balcony for extra seats. The main stage allows for either individual or group presentations with a podium, large screen, internet connection and multimedia equipment.
How to get there
It’s possible to access San Juan Pablo II Campus directly through Rudencindo Ortega Avenue, which is one of the main arteries of Temuco city. This can be done in different ways:
- Public transportation: There are 2 local bus lines that reach the campus; line 7B and 10A. A one-way ticket costs 500 Chilean pesos (which has to be paid directly to the driver) and the approximate duration of a trip between downtown Temuco and the campus is around 30 to 40 minutes. You can check the complete itinerary of these and other buses in the following link:
- Taxis: It’s also possible to reach the campus by hailing one of the many different taxis that roam the city. The campus is a well-known destination most taxi drivers are well acquainted with.
- Uber: The Uber App is widely used in Temuco and neighboring cities to get around town. Service is exactly the same as in other parts of the world with its main perk being the ability to know how much a trip would cost before embarking on it.
Transportation service for SBE attendees
The SBE19 Temuco Organizing Committee offers a transportation service to all its attendees free of charge. This service will work between the San Juan Pablo II Campus and several key hotels around Temuco during the mornings and the afternoons of all three days of the Conference. Buses will follow a pre-determined path that will visit the following hotels: Dreams Hotel (Avenida Alemania 945), Diego de Almagro Hotel (Avenida Vicuña Mackenna 135), Frontera Hotel (Manuel Bulnes 726) and Holiday Inn Hotel (Rudecindo Ortega 1800).
If you want to make use of this service, please take the following into consideration:
- The following itinerary cannot be modified, and drivers won’t make unplanned stops along the way.
- Buses will stay at the designated pick-up locations for exactly 10 minutes.
- Drivers won’t stop to pick up stranded passengers along the way.
- Buses will stop at the front entrance of the hotels. If you want to get on board, you need to be there at the exact time the bus arrives.
- Your Conference Credential might be required to get on board.
- Buses have a maximum capacity of 80 passengers, and drivers are instructed to not let anyone else in once the limit has been reached, for safety reasons. Please keep this in mind when planning your trips.
|MORNING SCHEDULE: BUS 1|
|Time||October 16th||October 17th||October 18th|
|07:30||Dreams Hotel||Dreams Hotel||Dreams Hotel|
|07:50||Frontera Hotel||Frontera Hotel||Frontera Hotel|
|08:10||Diego de Almagro Hotel||Diego de Almagro Hotel||Diego de Almagro Hotel|
|08:30||Holiday Inn Hotel||Holiday Inn Hotel||Holiday Inn Hotel|
|ARRIVING AT CAMPUS SAN JUAN PABLO II: 8:50 hrs.|
|MORNING SCHEDULE: BUS 2|
|Time||October 16th||October 17th|
|07:50||Dreams Hotel||Dreams Hotel|
|08:10||Frontera Hotel||Frontera Hotel|
|08:30||Diego de Almagro Hotel||Diego de Almagro Hotel|
|08:50||Holiday Inn Hotel||Holiday Inn Hotel|
|ARRIVING AT CAMPUS SAN JUAN PABLO II: 09:10 hrs.|
|AFTERNOON SCHEDULE: BUSES 1 and 2|
|Time||October 16th||Time||October 17th
|Departing to Cerro Ñielol from SJP II campus (roundabout)||Departing to hotels from SJP II campus (roundabout)|
|19:00||Departure from SJP II campus||19:00||Departure from SJP II campus|
|19:30||Arrival at Pabellón Araucanía|
|Departing to hotels from Pabellón Araucanía||19:15||Arrival at Holiday Inn Hotel|
|22:30||Arrival at Holiday Inn Hotel||19:35||Arrival at Diego de Almagro Hotel|
|22:50||Arrival at Diego de Almagro Hotel|
|23:10||Arrival at Frontera Hotel||19:55||Arrival at Frontera Hotel|
|23:30||Arrival at Dreams Hotel||20:15||Arrival at Dreams Hotel|